Buying forklifts in Toronto can be a tricky situation. There are so many options and after all, a forklift is a forklift, right? Wrong! At least to an expert dealer. The only way you can purchase the right forklift for the job, is with the help of an expert, but here are some tips to help get you started on your effort of purchasing the right forklift:
- Consider the weight and size of the loads you will typically be handling. This is your number one consideration because you want to make sure that the machine will have enough capacity to do what you need it to do. There is no need to overbuy on something like this, so just buy what you need. The weight of the load is important so you know how much weight the forklift will have to lift, while the size of the load is important so that you don’t buy one that is simply not large enough to handle the task at hand. Also these details are important when figuring out if an electric lift or propane lift will be enough or if you need something that is more heavy duty.
- Think about how high the loads will need to be lifted. For example, do you need a machine that simply picks things up and then moves them across the floor to another part of the warehouse? Or, do you need something that will pick up the load and then lift it to a shelf or racking overhead? These are two very different types of machines.
- Decide if you need an outdoor or indoor model. In some cases you may even need one that will work equally well both indoors and outdoors. The reason this is important is because the surface that the forklift will be operating on makes a difference in the type that you need to buy.
- Look to see how much space the forklift has to maneuver around. It is necessary to measure all areas where the forklift might need to go to see what the narrowest area will be. This will help ensure that you do not buy a forklift that is too large for the workspace that you have.
- Consider the amount of usage the machine will get each day. A used lift might be a better choice than a brand new one if you aren’t going to be using it very much each day.
- Check your finances and figure out whether buying a new or used one or leasing is the better option. Some companies will offer all of these possibilities, so it will help to talk to an expert also about financing your lift. Another option would be to rent a forklift if you do not know how long you will need the forklift or for very busy periods.
When you’re looking for forklifts in Toronto or the surrounding areas, Magnum Lift Trucks is your preferred dealer. They offer both new and pre-owned forklifts, as well as training, finance, parts and service, and even rentals. Here’s why you should be looking to Magnum Lift Trucks first:
- They are committed to providing every customer the highest level of service and satisfaction.
- Magnum Lift Trucks supplies quality and dependable material handling equipment.
- They are the complete solution provider, from sales or leasing to on-site forklift certification training.
- Licensed Forklift Technicians that will be at your location same day 27/7.
- Magnum has value-driven solutions so that your business can minimize downtime and maximize profits.
So give Magnum Lift Trucks a call and check out their forklifts in the Toronto and surrounding areas today.
Toll Free: 1-866-342-6652